news, critics and reviews

2009年11月30日星期一

Bomb, blood and gunfire —Daily life for Sadia Hasanzada







Bomb attack, terrorists, Taliban and chaos—it is a life that those living in a peaceful country can hardly imagine. But for Sadia Hasanzada, a girl from Afghanistan, it has become a common occurrence.


“I did not know whether I had a ‘tomorrow’ when I was walking in Kabul, capital of Afghanistan.” Sadia says, “Maybe I would be killed by suicide bomb attack, maybe I would be shot by the American soldiers, or maybe some unexpected bullets would kill me… But actually I had got used to these and I think I am pretty lucky for being alive in such a chaotic country.”


Scary? But it is true for a country where there are still war and gunfire. Though now it is better since American soldiers have driven most of the Taliban members away, terrorists are still affecting people’s life.


“I had been acting like a hypochondria patient.” Saida laughs, “When I was walking in the street, I was always sceptical. All the people looked so suspicious like suicide bombers to me. But still life is much better than the Taliban times.”


It is really better. The Taliban time was like hell in Holy Bible. Women could not go out, go to school or uncover their face. People even could not watch TV in their home; if they dare, their life would be the costs.


“Actually I was beaten once for wearing high-heeled shoes.” Saida says, “That was near a supermarket and I was shopping with my mother, and I was silly enough to stand beside one of the Taliban members. He accidentally found out what I was wearing and he became so angry that he shouted at me and beat me. It was really terrible. ”


Now question: Will Sadia return to her “scary” country after her study in London? Here has no bomb attack, no terrorists, no war; it is the dream city lots of people hope to visit. But guess what? The answer is YES. “I am so boring here and I miss my home!” Sadia smiles. OK, it looks like home is home, no substitute; even it is a place where you may be killed at any minute.

没有评论:

发表评论